What did I do this week? Nuthin', it seems. I seem to be stuck in the same place, running through several attempts at the galley doors to no avail. The weather has been OK, but I've never been good in the winter anyway. Ben is still not back yet, but promises to be back soon. He lost a week attempting to change the truck starter (2 bolts and 2 wire connections). He failed because the bolts were broken. Finally he admitted defeat and took it in and had it repaired. They had to cut it off, it cost a lot!!! Oh, a picture. Hey......that's not the truck!
I ordered some honeybells from Florida to be delivered in January and again in February. I needed the cheering up. I glued up some thin boards for the galley doors, then spent a lot of time figuring out how I was going to get them into a frame for the galley doors.
I used some wormy oak and it's difficult to work. I also made one door and scrapped one. I will eventually get this right (maybe).
I am still not sure if I will use this door. Budgetboater did accomplish something. He glued on the tops of the side decks.
He also started fitting the hatch coamings in place. I still have to cut a bunch of pieces to get the coamings better weather resistant. I made the coamings a couple years ago and still have to make one or two more. The coamings will have another piece of oak on the outside stepped and shaped to the hull. you'll see this better later, as I get to them. These were made for sliding hatches, now we probably won't make sliding hatches, so that was a waste doing it that way!
I made a drawer front!
And put a bunch of coats of epoxy on the head counter to fill all those holes.
Lyle is a Texan. This is a Texas boat song.
Chuck! Send money!