Hey, Thanks to Sergey for his comments about reading this blog in spite of the exiguous content. I should thing that the winter months could be better spent watching the snow fall then removing it. We gathered up stuff and I stopped all projects. I had to re-tweak the clock lock. The plate didn't quite line up, so I pushed it over a couple millimeters. I had to stop on the drogue bag- the fabric I bought was too narrow. It's not pressing, so I'll use the fabric for winch covers and such. Completely out of excuses, we packed the truck on Tuesday and on Wednesday we drove, stopping for the night in Tunica. Those of you that know Tunica must wonder, as I, about the thinking involved in conceptualizing the location in the first place. Vegas, it's not. We arrived in Texas Thursday evening. Had to clean and reorganize everything. All of us itching to do something, we decided to quickly fit two beams.
So, right away on Friday after getting a bit organized we fitted two beams into the hull. This was to mostly see if they would fit in the beam troughs. We only fitted beams two and three. The designer had problems numbering them. There are 4 beams, but only three are numbered. The one not numbered is simply called "The Mast Beam". It doesn't go through the hulls and only goes between them. So you have beam 1, then beam 2, thenthemastbeamthat apparentlydoesn'tcount, then beam 3..........then we made a beam on the back, which was supposed to be just a round tube that supports a ladder and a net. We made a beam to support the wind vane instead of a tube. So, three numbered beams and two beams unworthy of the being numbered.
So, pick up a heavy beam and hup hup hup it over to a couple sawhorses. Me???? Somebody had to take the pictures. That camera is heavy!
Then two people pick up one end while the third pushes it to the trough.
Then slide it through the trough across to the other hull. Budge was concerned that the beam troughs wouldn't align correctly. He was right. I made the beams to the top edge of the specifications so we had room to shave them down if necessary. It was.
We had to make sure the hulls were parallel: 4600 mm apart center of stem and stern.
They weren't. So a bit of back and forth percussion adjustments brought them close.
On beam two (2) the troughs were reverse cattywampas to each other requiring planing it down to the bottom of the specification range.
We still had to tweak one end a bit more to fit the trough. So we ended up like this on beam 2.
Port side trough. Not pretty, but will work!
Starboard trough and my feet, neither pretty. Saturday was spent organizing our living space, the Dog House, and repairing the water heater, which died.
The Music♫: Loudon Wainright III: "Road Ode"
Chuck! Send money!