Time, like money is a handful of sand. No matter how hard you grasp it in your fist it sifts through your fingers, grain by grain, until you have a hard grasp on a chunk of nothing. Here it is, December and I don't know what happened to November. Hell, I don't even know what happened to 2015...........................On Sunday it rained. On Monday it rained. Thanks to Neil for his comment on the November 1st post and thus providing the new curse word of the week! We are desperately in need of a respite from disappointment, so we are planning our semiannual trip to Ohio around Christmas. The time frame is dependent upon the state of the decks and the weather. Everything should be painted before we go. Tuesday was suck-the-water-out-of-the-hull day, which we did, gallons and gallons.
Budge started his blog up again. You will find him at budgetboater.com. As I read all these blog sites around the interweb, I find my meager attempts at communication a bit terse. I should, perhaps, expound more on the intricacies and meaning of life..........there ain't none. There, that's done, on to more pictures. If, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm quite pictorially verbose. Not only that, I dwell not in the past or the future. I'm merely trying to survive today.
Oh, yeah, a paint update. It continues to bubble up after a rain. I fear it will never stabilize. We peeled this off this week and will have to strip it off in the spring, unless it falls off on it's own accord. We did a lot of stuff on the decks.
That's the last dorade box glued into place. We proceeded to work on the side decks.
We primed them then headed for the aft decks.
Sanding and gluing on the hatch splash guards.
Then we epoxy coated.
Taped the decks for non skid application.
Applied the non skid and peeled off the tape. Tape goes on........................tape comes off.
All that's left is the port side center deck top.........................and the tumblehomes on both hulls......................and the beam troughs.............and the trip to Ohio, then we start on the beam placement and pod.
I worked on the dorade box tops. I seem to have devolved into the side project and detail guy. I end up doing those minor, but necessary bits of boat minutia. They are necessary, but a tertiary job, Three people cannot do most projects. Ben and Budge work well together and I fill in as needed and battle those bits of boat details.
I had to glue those turquoise colored tubes into the dorade top holes without gluing in the cowls, which must be removable.
using 3 bolts to hold off the cowl 1/8" away from the top, we tacked the tubes in place and cleaned it up so the cowl wouldn't stick, that is, not glued to the tube. I think I said that already............
The next day we gently took the cowls off, turned them upside down and applies a tinkers damn (which, I'm sure you don't give about this). using leftover butyl rubber from the ports clean up. Then we turned them back right side up and flowed epoxy around the tubes to firmly cement them in place. Because we had to wait for the epoxy to set up in the cool weather and had to apply it from both directions, this was a three day project.
Here's the tacked cowls, waiting to set up. The cool weather causes the honeybees to be logy so they land on us and, we accidently brush against them unknowingly. Ben got stung, I got stung.
The Music♪: Cristina Branco "Atentado"
Portuguese Fado..............for Non and Neil..................maybe music is the meaning of life.
Chuck! Send money!